Friday

Letter of the Day: Kk, Happy Birthday Jesus party!!!

Today we had our third lesson
on the true meaning of Christmas.
We read about the wise men and how they followed the star.


Then we practiced our songs and got ready
 for the moms, siblings, grandparents and friends to arrive.


We began our celebration with the children singing for us!


They sang six different Bible songs with the help
of our sweet Joy School graduates!
It was wonderful to hear their voices
declare the goodness of our God.

Afterwards we played Christmas games.
Pin the star above the stable was one of them.


Each child received a yellow "Star of Bethlehem"
and had to try to pin it above the stable.


It was alot of fun!

Then we played an "angel ornament" hunt game.
I hid twelve angel ornaments around the den and the little ones
had to find them all! They all did great!

We had lunch together and then
the CAKE!!!
We all sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus.
To hear fourteen little voices sing to Jesus...
well, it was precious.






The day was so beautiful in many ways,
but one way was in the weather.
A warm day in December allowed some of the children to run out in the backyard and play,
while others stayed in and worked on their Christmas craft.


I believe we all had a wonderful time. 
Being busy myself  I hadn't taken all the pictures that I wanted to,
but I think you can see what an absolutely splendid day we had
celebrating the birth of Jesus together!!!

May you know the true love of our Lord Jesus this Christmas!!!
Merry Christmas to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment