On this new day of a new week
I decided to introduce my little ones to
counting bears!
First they were asked to sort all the teddy bears by color.
It looked alittle bit like the game "Twister" at times,
but they were really working hard to give a helping hand!
Tah-dah!
They did it!
Next, they were asked to choose a color teddy bear to work with.
They then had to sort them by little bear and by big bear.
In this task they worked alone and
took their time to sort them properly.
took their time to sort them properly.
After sorting their teddy bears they needed to
count the little bears
count the little bears
and then to count the big bears.
We talked about which group had more!
And finally, I gave them an 'addition' sheet
to go along with the teddy bears.
to go along with the teddy bears.
We talked about 1+1=? and 1+2=? and so on.
This was fun!
Watching them think about how to add new numbers was great!
Today, we had a special helper! My oldest daughter!
After watching me teach Joy School for years and years
it was neat to see how well she could teach 'Circle Time' concepts.
She did great!
Our Bible lesson today was taken from the New Testament~ the book of Acts.
The story of Peter and John healing a lame man.
I love this scripture story because we see
a healing of a lame man
a healing of a lame man
created by the touch of the apostles
not the physical touch by Jesus.
Early in the year, Ll week, we studied
how Jesus touched a lame man
how Jesus touched a lame man
and healed him. Today we studied
how the apostles created the same miracle!
how the apostles created the same miracle!
With Christ in us we can perform the same miracle!
After our lesson we went back to the table to make our Bible craft.
We painted today!
They all work so hard to create beautiful work!
Today we showed how the lame man became excited about his own healing.
"He went walking and leaping and praising God."
I cut a slit, using a craft knife, in their work sheet.
Next, I put the pop-sickle stick into the hole.
Finally, allow the children to play with the man by manipulating the pop-sickle stick
to go up and down. As he healed man jumps up and down you can sing the song,
"He went walking and leaping and praising God!"
After all our work was done we moved into our Bible songs time.
I taught them the song that goes along with our Bible story and as we sang
they acted it out!
"Peter and John went to pray...
"...they met a lame man on the way..."
"He asked for alms,
and held out his palms,
but this is what Peter did say."
"Silver and gold have I none,
but what I have give I thee,
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth
RISE UP and walk."
"He went walking and leaping and praising God."
Walking and leaping and praising God.
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth RISE UP and walk!"
We sang and reenacted the song many times!
The Joy was full in the house today!
No comments:
Post a Comment