Tuesday

Letter of the Week: Bb


Today we began our day reading a book
about the different stages of the apple tree. 

After that we went to the table and painted
our very own apple tree using real apples!


I prepared the trunk of the tree
and the branches by cutting out strips brown construction paper.


The children needed to glue down the tree trunk
and all the branches in a way that pleased them.


They were busy!


Next, they dipped the apple half 
into red paint and stamped it where they wanted apples to
appear on the apple tree.



My boy said, "Mommy, I love this craft."



When they were finished stamping apples on their tree,
 I gave them each a leaf stamp.
They stamped leaf prints on the trees too.


After cleaning up we headed over to our Circle time area
and reviewed our alphabet, numbers, shapes etc.

Next, we sat and listened to the Bible Story.
The letter of the day was Bb. 
"The Bible is the Best Book."
With that I chose to read from the
 Bible the story of David and Golliath.


The children went back to their seats to work on their Bb page 
or Bible Craft of the day.


Here is a student stamping the letter B.


All done!



After a snack break we reviewed our vowels 
and vowel sounds.
The vowel of the day was Ee.


They needed to know their letter and the two sounds it makes.


Next was handwriting.
They were excited to be able to write the letter E.


As you can clearly see!
(This little guy is not yet four years old!)


We ended our day with a seasonal story on Johnny Appleseed.
We talked about what a great Christian man he was.
We talked about how he never carried much, 
but how made sure that he did carry his Bible.
 We learned that as he stayed with different 
families along his path he would read the Bible to the children.
Upon leaving them he would tear out pages from his Bible and leave it with them.
 He would tell them to hold onto the pages for he would come again
to take them back and give them new ones in return. 
Many people don't know that Johnny Appleseed was a missionary,
but he was.


When we were done reading we made our seasonal craft
of Johnny Appleseed.




In our bit of time left we had our first music time.
I taught them:
"I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy,"
The B-I-B-L-E 
and 'Only a Boy Named David."

Whew! It was a big day, but they did great! 
It's going to be a wonderful year-I just know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment