Thursday

Letter of the Day: Vv

We are back from our Easter break
and I couldn't wait to start the day
by reading to them!
We read
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, by Eric Carle.

We talked about the four different stages of a caterpillars life and ...



marveled at how beautiful the butterfly is!


So, what better plan could we have than to make a beautiful
butterfly of our own?!


I taught them about "marble" painting.
They were all very curious.
"But Ms. Ellen, How are we going to paint with marbles?
Don't we need paintbrushes?"
(They are TOOO CUTE!)


Each child received a box, a butterfly print, paint and five marbles.


Then they got to paining!


They were so quiet as they concentrated on getting the marbles just
where they wanted them to go.


They did great!


When they were finished,
we put our painted butterflies outside to dry.


While we waited, we had our circle time, snack, and moved into our Bible time.
Today we focused on the story of Samuel.
They thought it was funny that every time Samuel heard his name being called that
he ran to Eli. They laughed when Eli said, "No, I didn't call you. Go back to bed."
Three times this happened, but then...


                                                 Samuel waited in his bed for God's voice.


He sat up in bed and said,
Speak Lord, for your servant is listening."
I asked them, "Does God talk to us today?"
They said, "Yes."
I asked, "Can we hear God's voice too?"
They said, "Yes."
I than said isn't it exciting to know that God hears our prayers
and He wants to talk to us?
"YES!"
After we finished our Bible time and Bible craft we found that our
butterflies were dry.


They came out just as beautiful as I had hoped!



Today they went home with homework-
butterfly homework of course!




When all our work and worship time was done,
we went outside to play while we waited for the mommies to come =)



Thank you Lord for the blessing of these children in my life!
I love them all so very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment